Pageviews past week

Friday, January 23, 2015

Chocolate Cream puffs

The cream puffs I made the other day have been in my dreams. So yesterday I decided it was time to make another batch. Even though this was my mom's recipe I decided it could be improved upon, just a bit. I decided to add 1 teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt, & 1 teaspoon of vanilla, it made a huge difference. Not that Moms' recipe wasn't good, it actually was fantastic, I just decided it could use a little update. Love you Mom.

I added the sugar and salt in when I added the flour. The vanilla I added in after I put the dough into the mixer, but before I added the eggs.

I changed the baking also. I baked them at 420° F for 25 minutes instead of high temp them low temp. Cut them open and let them sit in the cooling oven cut side up for 15-20 minutes to dey out. Worked great. 

I made a chocolate ganache pudding to fill the cream puffs, instead of the vanilla custard I used last time. I still topped the cream puffs with whip cream. So, the top half of the cream puffs had whipped cream and the bottom half had the chocolate ganache pudding. Then they were sandwiched together. 

Topped with a hot fudge sauce that I made from scratch. It's a super easy recipe. All it is is one can of condensed milk, 1 Cup of grated chocolate, 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of water, and a touch of salt. Put all of these ingredients to a saucepan and slowly warm it over medium low heat until everything is melted together. That's it!

They were so yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment